Last Updated: 11/1/2011
Coaster is not in the business of selling your information. We do, however, disclose your personally identifiable information in a variety of circumstances in connection with developing and maintaining the Coaster Service and operating our business. For example:
· Coaster works with third party service providers in the U.S. and other jurisdictions to provide website development, hosting, maintenance, and support as well as other business services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their work these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. These disclosures are generally made under confidentiality terms, and the recipients are limited to using the information the purpose for which it was provided.
· Information necessary to process the payment for the order will be provided to credit card processing parties and information necessary for the merchant to fulfill the order, and to identify you as the rightful recipient of the goods and services ordered by you will be provided to the merchant from whom you have ordered goods and services.
· The Coaster Service enables users to communicate in a variety of ways, including by placing an order with a participating merchant. Any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to include in a communication, such as by including a photograph with your order, and any personally identifiable information that you place in a publically accessible area of the Coaster Service will be available for use by others. Once you make your personally identifiable information available to others in any of these ways, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction.
· Coaster may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties, to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Coaster Service.
· Coaster may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary or useful to comply with state and federal laws, to respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
· Coaster works to promote a safe and reliable service for all users. We reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Coaster and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Coaster Service; or to protect or vindicate the rights, property, or personal safety of Coaster, our users, or others.
· In the event that all or a portion of Coaster or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
· Coaster has no obligation to disclose to you that information has been provided to others under the circumstances described above.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. You may, of course, decline to share certain personally identifiable information with Coaster, in which case Coaster may not be able to provide to you some or all of the features and functionality found on the Coaster Service.
You may update, correct, or delete your personal information and preferences gathered through the registration process at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the Coaster Service. Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including processing orders and associate payments, backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
Please note also that once you have publicly shared information, it may be re-shared by other users, and your subsequent modification or removal of that information will not necessarily affect all copies previously propagated by others.
We may now or in the future make certain tools and features for configuring your privacy settings available to you through the Website, but any such features and settings we may provide do not guarantee the anonymity or confidentiality of any information, including personally identifiable information you provide or submit to the Website.
Coaster employs certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to help protect the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. Notwithstanding these efforts, we cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Coaster, and you do so at your own risk. Please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Coaster learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you by the means you have provided to us to contact you through registration so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Coaster may post a notice through the Coaster Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access, allowing your account to order goods and services or permitting changes to your information. In addition, the devices that you have enabled to access the Coaster Service also have features that allow you to lock access to the device and we strongly encourage you to implement such features. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
If you believe that your account has been improperly accessed or there have been unauthorized transactions made through your device, please promptly contact [email@example.com].
The Coaster Service is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you nonetheless choose to use the Coaster Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Coaster Service you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing. Further, we may transfer this data from the United States to other jurisdictions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Coaster Service.
This Coaster Service is not intended for use by any person under the age of 21. If you are under the age of 21, you may not register for or use the Coaster Service. Further, the Coaster Service does not intentionally or knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a child under the age of 13, you may not use or submit any information to the Coaster Service. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13 and you believe such child has provided information to us, then please contact Coaster to have that child’s account terminated and information deleted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
25 Division St.; San Francisco, CA 94103